Monday, January 26, 2015

Where Is He Now?

An architect light hangs over the laptop at my desk as I figure out what to write. The fan is already whirring after only half an hour of use. Pushing into its sixth year, I hope for enough kicks for it to graduate with me.  

It’s been over 2 months since my last post, which is quite a shame considering the clarity of thought it brings me. Travelling has been put on hold as I finish my last undergraduate course and refill my bank account, but that hasn’t stopped me from dreaming of my next dozen trips.


I’ve settled back down in Waterloo, Ontario. I got a job working as an Auto Claims Adjuster, which primarily entails being verbally attacked by people upset at having lost control of their vehicle on icy roads. Okay, it’s not that bad. I get to dress up nicely three days a week. And it’s given me tougher skin, I suppose.

On top of university and work, I’m taking a course on property insurance, so that one day I can be verbally abused by people who’ve damaged an even bigger asset, their home. Again, kidding (sort of). It’s challenging work and there’s some pride in being able to take a punch or ten.



I walk almost everywhere: to school, to work, the grocery store. It’s cold and the sidewalks are icy, but the fresh air is nice and it gives me time to reset between home and elsewhere. Snow in the early dawn is especially peaceful, but all this isn’t quite enough to bury thoughts of moving to the west coast. 


No comments:

Post a Comment