Saturday, November 01, 2014

Welcome to November

Welcome to November, a rather nondescript month serving only to separate the fashion season and the outright bitterness of winter. It’s a time for remembrance and a time for Canadians to be proud of being Canadians… before they need to wrap a scarf around their face and can’t speak for another three months. Of my friends in the southern hemisphere, I can’t say I’m not envious.


Last night, we watched as fluffy white flakes fell in view of the back porch light; the first snow of the season set off by a timed switch for November 1st. Of course, my housemate hit me with a snowball as I entered the kitchen. It would have been un-Canadian not to.


This morning, I sit at my desk, attended by a week old newspaper and thermos of green tea, motivated to work, yet still putting it off to write this address. I’ve never considered November to be a motivational month. Maybe because it’s really only one last fart of energy before hibernation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment