Sunday, September 21, 2014

97 Days

It’s been 97 days since I returned. Readjustment hasn’t been easy.

I’m back in Waterloo for my final year, but the city has changed for me. In my third year, I had finally acclimatized. Now in my fifth, it’s like starting all over again. Almost everyone I knew has either graduated or is away on co-op placement.

Starry Night: after 5 years, I finally caved and bought a poster!

At the end of my worldly travels, I thought I would be content to settle down for a while, but that certainly didn’t last long. It’s been lonely here and the feeling has only compounded with my time spent browsing r/LongDistance.

On the brighter side of things, I’ve accepted a new job, in a great location, at a company I had hoped to work for after graduation. So, I guess I’ve got that going for me!

*** 

P.S. If you are receiving this by email and would like to unsubscribe, there should be a button at the bottom. Alternatively, you can shoot me a quick message.



No comments:

Post a Comment