Monday, February 23, 2015

Meese Just Geesing Around

Do you ever wake up with some new insight, your brain having worked through a problem while you slept? Back in first year, I would get that with tricky math questions. Sometimes, I notice I wake up remembering the greater parts of a song, reconstructed from only a snippet that looped constantly before bed. Or, how about solutions to personal problems that are completely mapped out upon sunrise? I love how amazing brains can be!
 
A Dutch Chinese New Year
What I enjoy just as much, is when my brain is on partial shutdown, like during bus rides. I’m conscious enough to follow my thoughts go on autopilot, working through random discrepancies or problems that came up during the day.
 
The following is an indirect cause of whatever abomination this is...
Abominable Snowman... Abominable Abominable Abominable.
My brain is fried... or frozen.
Here’s an attempt to recreate a recent musing, mainly inspired by a few TED Talks:

The plural of moose isn’t meese because it originates from an Algonquian language, rather than Old English which had a pattern of pluralizing OOs as EEs. Like goose and geese, tooth and teeth? Yes, exactly. And soothe and seethe. Haha! Don’t play with the language like that! Verbs aren’t nouns. Relax, I’m just geesing around!  Don’t be ridiculous. If there were such a word, it would be goosing. Oh, that is a word… More people should make up words like Shakespeare. They should cut it out with the abbr. though.

And how do you spell [conniving]? (A long standing problem that I kept forgetting to look up) 
“K…” 
“K-n…” 
“K-n-i-v-i-n-g?” Kniving? That’s not right. It should be.

And on and on goes a mess of thoughts until things are settled rightfully or not.
 
Meese are from here

I’ve found one of the greatest pleasures in life is when you’re around other people who inspire weird thinking and together you have conversations like these out loud. It’s fun and strange and bonds your minds in a glorious way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment